Norman C. Polak
Attorney for the City of Belleview Code Enforcement
Served on City of Ocala Code Enforcement Board
Served on City of Ocala Planning and Zoning Board
Fifth Judicial Circuit Traffic
March 2002 – Present (12 years 11 months)
Presides over civil traffic infraction cases
Norman C. (Chris) Polak, P.A
March 2001 – Present (13 years 11 months)
Assistant State Attorney
Fifth Judicial Circuit Office of the State Attorney
April 2000 – February 2002 (1 year 10 months)
Citrus County Clerk of the Circuit Court
January 1992 – January 1999 (7 years 1 month)
Administration and management of all financial, court, recording, and
- Established and maintained a budget of over $90 million.
- Introduced auditing procedures for internal auditing system.
- Initiated time measurement principles in evaluating employee performance.
- Headed information systems development program for office.
- On-staff Instructor for Florida Association of Clerks and Comptrollers.
- Budgeted, planned, assigned, supervised, and developed policy for the Clerk of the Circuit Court.
- Delegated activities to seventy-five person staff and review and evaluatedpersonnel performance for conformance to established standards and procedures.
- Coordinated interaction of the judicial, legal, and legislative communities with respect to planning, staffing, and organizing activities of the Clerk's office.
Office of the State Attorney for the Fifth Judicial Circuit
Responsible for staffing and development of policies, procedures, and parameters for newly created Public Interest Prosecution Unit.
- Assisted in creation and development of Public Interest Prosecution Unit to address white-collar, environmental, and public corruption crimes in five-county area.
- Management and evaluation of twelve-person staff including attorneys, investigators, and support personnel.
- Responsible for investigation and resolution of political, sensitive, and high profile cases.
- Mediated and resolved staff and professional conflicts and concerns.
- Conducted seminars and speaking engagements to heighten community awareness in the prevention and prosecution of crimes targeting the elderly.
- Planned and directed workshops for community business leaders in the prevention of economic loss due to criminal activities.
Marion County Sheriff's Office Major Crimes Investigator
Marion County Sheriff's Office
January 1984 – January 1990 (6 years 1 month)
Investigation of felony crimes including homicide and
- Coordinated and participated in interagency criminal investigations.
- Grand jury and federal court presentation in aid of criminal indictments and prosecutions.
- Instructor for Central Florida Law Enforcement Academy.